Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Nothingness, Meth-heads and Hops

Not too much going on here lately. I'm still jobless and school-less with a pretty terrible disposition on life. New song in the works I'll probably load what I have recorded so far tomorrow. I'm going to take Lance's advice and try to add more tracks to the song.

Here's some stuff I've pissed away my money on this week:






I got this at the flea market from some shady meth heads. The lady swore it was from her town in Germany (the lady who didn't have a German accent) then started to sing in what I presume was German. All sorts of weird. I also got a Hamms Brewery bottle opener while I was there... I seem to have misplaced it though.

These are my hops. The vines are about 12 ft tall now. They are massive compared to the June first post! There are all these little bugs on the underside of the leaves though, I think they are aphids as well as some caterpillar eggs. I'm going to try to get some lady bugs and have them murder all of the bastards. Otherwise I am going to kill each and every one of them with my bare hands (I have a lot of free time).

I think harvest time will be end of August... I haven't seen any flowers on them yet, I've been checking some wild hops I found in the Open Spaces (actually where I dug the roots for mine up) and they aren't flowering either so they seem to be growing fine. Last year the vine barely grew 8 ft, huge improvement this year.

Should make for a damn good brew.

No comments:

Post a Comment